||To provide participants with an understanding of the fundamental principles and practical knowledge that can be applied to save and preserve life in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
||Assessment includes online questions along with practical procedures for CPR on a manikin in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and the Health Training Package. Alternative assessments can be made (eg. Oral).
- Legal issues
- Chain of Survival
- Awareness of an AED (Defibrillator)
- DRSABCD of resuscitation
- Demonstrations and practice on manikins
- Choking methods
- Practical and theoretical assessment
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
Students attending course will be required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin placed on the floor, to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
||This is a blended course with pre-course online learning and face-to-face training. Before attending the face to face training, students will need to complete their pre-course modules which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student’s learning ability, they should allow up to 2.5 hours for reading and questions. Face-to-face training and assessment takes 2 hours in a classroom environment.
||The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommends that HLTAID009 – Provide CPR be renewed every 12 months.