This course is a combined skill set covering the skills and knowledge required to rescue a person in contact with low voltage live electrical conductors and equipment and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with current Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
It will help you to understand your safety obligations stated in the Electrical and Safety legislation and regulations for employers and employees working in electrical industries.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded the following unit of competency:
Our LVR/CPR course includes the most up-to-date basic life support principles including:
- Understanding cardiac arrest
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Performing CPR on adults and infants
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues around providing CPR
- Infection control and reporting
- Preparing for a rescue from a live LV panel
- Hazards and risk control measures
- Electricity isolation procedures
- Tools and emergency equipment safety checks
- Care, maintenance and use of an LVR kit
- Carrying out a live LV Panel rescue (Low Voltage Rescue) according to workplace procedures and instructions
- Safely removing a victim from contact with live apparatus
- Workplace procedures for applying CPR
- Securing the worksite and controlling entry
- Maintaining safe distance approaches
- Reporting procedures for an LV panel rescue event
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is a prerequisite for UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel you must have successfully completed all training and assessment will be for the CPR unit prior to commencing the LVR unit.
- Face-to-face practical workshop (3 hours duration)
This face-to-face practical session gives you the opportunity to learn the applied skills, practice them and receive trainer feedback and then complete assessment tasks.
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- 14 to 17 years learners must email or bring signed consent form if under 18 years of age.
- Have Literacy skills to read and interpret statutory signage, warning signs and instructions regarding the use of first aid and CPR materials such as face shields, and Automated External Defibrillators.
- Have the ability to complete a workplace Incident Report.
- Have numeracy skills to perform simple calculations with regard to the rate of chest compressions and rescue breathing.
- Have a level of oral communication that enables them to make accurate verbal reports to emergency response services and workplace supervisors.
- Have the physical ability to meet the following evidence requirements:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and breaths) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and breaths) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
- If you are concerned about any of the above requirements, please contact us to discuss your concerns and find out what support options are available.
To book this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0404 014 912.