Management of Asthma in the Workplace 22282VIC First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis 22300VIC
Asthma and Anaphylaxis Accredited Training
- Duration approximately 3 hours
- Accredited Training
- Management of Asthma in the Workplace Asthma 22282VIC
- First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis 22300VIC
This course will provide the participant with the skills and knowledge required to assist a person suffering an anaphylactic reaction using the casualty’s own adrenaline device until the arrival of medical assistance. Participants will also develop knowledge and skills in recognition, management, prevention and risk minimisation of allergic reactions.
- Understanding anaphylaxis
- Triggers of anaphylaxis
- Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- The emergency action plan
- The adrenaline auto-injector – what it does
- Using, handling and safe storage of the adrenaline auto-injector
- Risk assessment and risk minimisation strategies
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Evaluation of policies, procedures and emergency incidents
This course will provide the participant with the skills and knowledge to be able to develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
- Understanding asthma
- Triggers of asthma
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma episode
- Current asthma medications
- Management of an asthma episode
- Management and communication plans
A Statement of Attainment 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis will be issued by ABC First Aid RTO 3399 upon successful completion of the course. The 22300VIC is valid for 3 years.
A Statement of Attainment 22282VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace will be issued by ABC First Aid RTO 3399 upon successful completion of the course. The 22282VIC is valid for 3 years.
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Role play/scenario work
- Written assessment
Course Mode & Duration
Three hour face to face delivery and assessment.
Click here to book now!